Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Back to work

Who said Melbourne weather was lousy? It certainly wasn't last weekend.

I spent a weekend back home last weekend. We watched the new Wallace and Gromit movie, which was actually quite amusing. (The Great Escape is to Chicken Run as King Kong is to the Wererabbit.) Came home to a massive pile of mail in my room. I didn't manage to pay one bill on time, but I don't think it'll matter much anyway.

Met up with Dad. Out of sheer coincidence, he was in a meeting in Sydney last week and managed to get back home to Melbourne at exactly the same time I was heading back. God planned this weekend well, with all the good weather and the joy of meeting friends and family on the same weekend.

I still woke up at 5:30 in the morning. The equinox has passed, so now Melbourne days are slightly longer than Ballina days, but it was a bit annoying to have gotten up early. Ah well, more time to appreciate home time I suppose.

Watched the soccer game on Sunday. Pleased to see our team beat the blue-and-black team 3-0. Seems that the quality of play has improved on both sides from when I last remember. Maybe I've just forgotten though.

Purchased a new computer. Much faster than the Windows 98 early-Pentium 3 machine we've been tolerating lately. Barely had enough time to set it up with all the things that were happening over the weekend anyway. Thanks to Li Wu for helping out with that.

I miss broadband.

Oh, and today I booked my flight back for November. It'll be on the first weekend, for the 5th and 6th of November. Work doesn't quite seem so bad when you know you've still got a home to go back to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home