Saturday, September 10, 2005

Welcome to the Internet.

Everyone: I'll probably be online from about 8-10pm from now on. Thanks to the magic of a laptop, a mobile phone and an infrared connection.

I used to tease people on dial-up.
"I remember when I was on dial-up."
"Hang on, actually, I don't."

Now dial-up is speedy in comparison to the 9,600 ones-and-zeroes that trickle through an infrared connection.

I'm now Web browsing with images turned off. It isn't quite as bad as I thought, but then again, cooking rice in a saucepan on an electric stove isn't quite as bad as I thought. (It's bad, it's just not that bad.)

Any rumours you might hear that I'm at the point with Kingdom of Loathing that I can play it just as well without images as with are totally false. Except for the one that's true.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey gor, isnt that gonna cost you alot using your mobile for dialup????

4:02 pm AEST  
Blogger auheM said...

Forgot to mention: until mid-November, GPRS is free for Telstra prepaid. Just as well, I've downloaded over $60 of data (which equates to about 10mb).

6:43 pm AEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home