Friday, September 02, 2005

Bal´·lin·a

You decide to work in Ballina for four months. You don't bother packing until two days before you leave, so you end up packing two days before your plane for Ballina via Sydney actually leaves.

It's not until you stop over at Sydney for 50 minutes that you realise that you're actually carrying about 42kg of luggage in three separate bags, and that you have to walk from Qantas Terminal 3 to Regional Express Terminal 2.To make matters worse, apart from a few vague road signs, you have no idea how to get there.

You finally make the plane with five minutes to spare by lugging one piece of luggage at a time down the footpath, all the time hoping no dodgy pedestrians or overvigilant security officers pick up the remaining unguarded bags.

It's quite a workout though.

You gain 12 Strongness.

(?)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool,

if you do that on a regular basis so that you'll be able to defeat the naughty sorceress. oh, and make sure to stock up on some moxie. :D

get a soccer ball whilst your up there wayne, you can come back as our star striker.

yeh? *nudge* eh? *nudge*

10:03 pm AEST  
Blogger joanium said...

I once stood in the rain at the corner of a major intersection of the CBD at night time. I was waiting for a hire car to pick me up. I waited for 40 minutes. I began to suspect they had forgotten about me. I couldn't leave because I had expensive water quality and sediment sampling equipment sitting on the footpath. I didn't know who to call because it was after hours and there was probably no one at the reception at work. In the end, I vaguely remembered a jingle with the Telstra Call Connect number. I called it. I redirected me to another number. They connected me to the hire car company. I was right. They had forgotten about me.

7:22 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aryah.. sorry i think it was because of me you overpacked.... =(

8:14 pm AEST  
Blogger auheM said...

Hey Joan, when are you coming up to sunny Ballina to audit the water treatment plant?

1:04 pm AEST  
Blogger joanium said...

This sounds like a marketing opportunity :) If you want an audit, then I'm your man/woman! I do special rates, just for you, lah.

10:40 pm AEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home