Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Wet times.

One week of working at the water treatment plant up here. I've found a church, a Presbyterian church where the people are fairly nice. The only thing is that I didn't get a car, which means that I have to walk about 45 minutes into town. (For some reason, my company's web filtering system blocks http://www.presbyterian.org.au/, citing "Traditional Religion". Weird.)

I went to the 10am service, where I found out that there was a 6pm service for the younger people. (I went to the family service, which meant I could amuse babies for a bit.) I stayed in town until about 3, then since it seemed like such sunny weather I went back home to get my swimming gear.

I decided to go to the 6pm service, so I set off at about 4:30 to get to town early and maybe pick up some dinner. I ended up facing a storm front looking something like this.



About 15 minutes into the walk I decided to turn back. There was a takeaway shop there, and I asked for a burger with the lot. It took a bit longer than I expected, and by the time I left the shop, the storm front had just started to display its power. I took refuge in a nearby bar and listened as people with their beers stood around and talked about "drinking out the storm".

Ten minutes later it had subsided and I left the bar to walk the ten remaining minutes in a light drizzle. My trusty digital camera survived the storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home