Saturday, August 20, 2005

Dinner raffles

My friend's in a uni club for business/computing students. They organised a dinner at a four-star hotel so that students can go and "network" and "develop interpersonal skills" with real-life working people. Being in my first year in employment, I decided to tag along.

There ended up being quite a lot of grads at the event. The organisers decided to be nice to us working types, and gave us all a little packet of lollies for turning up. I was sitting on a table with a lot of my high school friends, three of us as graduates.

They later held a raffle, and drew names out of the hats. Ironically, the first three prizes went to the three of us who already had a present.

The MC assured the rest of the audience that the raffle was not rigged.

I am now the proud recipient of a YMCA tie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home